Thursday, September 15, 2011

30 day Challenges (Need suggestions!)

Attention friends and family! I shall announce that I have taken a deep interest in trying out a series of 30 day challenges for my self. One thing I have noticed, is that I have been spending way too much time using StumbleUpon and sitting on Facebook. I know these two are huge time wasters for me and distract me from doing more productive things. So starting Monday, September 19th, I will uninstall the Stumble button from my browser's tool bar and deactivate my Facebook account for 30 days. In the mean time, with the extra time on my hands I will be drawing one complete drawing every day for 30 days. I've picked up a nice list from a forum to start with. This won't be the final list for I will tweak it a bit to fit my needs as necessary.

30-day Drawing Challenge (without Facebook or StumbleUpon)
Day 1: Self-Portrait
Day 2: Favorite Animal
Day 3: Favorite Food
Day 4: Super Hero
Day 5: Super Villain
Day 6: Sequential Comic
Day 7: What’s in my bag?* (I only have books, boring subjects)
Day 8: Favorite Animated Character
Day 9: Favorite TV Show* (too many to choose from)
Day 10: Favorite Candy
Day 11: Scene from a Movie*
Day 12: A Recipe*
Day 13: Re-Design a Book Cover
Day 14: Favorite Fairytale
Day 15: Family Picture* (oh my... please no)
Day 16: Inspiration
Day 17: A Delicious Food* (since the favorite food is already for day 3)
Day 18: ZOMBIES
Day 19: A Sea Creature
Day 20: An Actor and an Actress
Day 21: Something you want
Day 22: The meaning of your name* (My name is boring)
Day 23: Your Zodiac Sign
Day 24: A Couple
Day 25: Scenery
Day 26: Something you don’t like
Day 27: A Dinosaur* (A dragon instead maybe?)
Day 28: A Collage* (can I draw ninjas?)
Day 29: A Place you want to go
Day 30: A Favorite outfit* (that I wear or that I want to wear?)

And to even challenge myself further, I've gotten too much into the habit of drawing with my tablet and lost the feel of real paper. So every drawing will be on a physical medium, without Photoshop! I will be posting my drawings in my blog every few days or so. Hey, I may even do a video of the process of my drawings!

This weekend I will post the final draft of my list, in the mean time I would like some ideas for other drawings I can do. Please comment and give me suggestions! The days that are marked with a "*" are the ones I would like to change. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I say go for it. You can do it! If not ZOMBIE ARNOLD TERMINATOR WILL COME TO KEEL CHU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sauce! What about doing them in different art styles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I'm tempted to do this even though I'm not an artist and suck at drawing! I used to draw so much when I was a nanny, but now I almost never do :-( I'll miss you on Facebook :-( I know if I left it for 30 days I'd feel really disconnected and alone. It's really the only way I keep in touch with most people (which I know is pathetic), so I feel like the benefits outweigh the evils (even though I know I spend way too much time on it... though these days I'm never sure what else to do).

    I don't have any great suggestions at the moment, but I'll let you know if I think of some. I'll have to remind myself to check my blog dashboard thingy... I normally check it, like, once a month x.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds Awesome and a lot of fun. I think using paper will help you reconnect and enjoy the process, although it does take longer so some drawings may need a lil more tweaking than a day to be as you want them.

    for the family portrait maybe draw them as characters that represent them, example my husband wrote a story about our kids( is still writing) and they are back in old times like D&D characters so he made them each something that we could see them being, and also like for lil Beorn he made him a valiant warrior where he is strong and body works right, one of my sons loves magic so he is a mage....just a thought to make that one more interesting for you.

    Ninja collage would be awesome!

    maybe on favorite food do #3 your favorit food and #17 favorite desert?

    I agree too many great tv shows....maybe do the first one you remember really liking take you back, like Sesame street or Duck Tales something like that could be fun...

    Hope maybe I helped give you an idea have fun and can't wait to see the art!!!

    ReplyDelete