Sunday, September 18, 2011

Nippon: Inside my Soul

For those who are acquainted with me, you will know that I am in love with the culture and spirit of Japan. Ever since I was very small, I have been dreaming of Japan and longing to be there for most of my life. It's kind of hard to explain on the effect this country has on me. Something stirs inside me as I learn more about this amazing place. There are both good and bad things about Japan just as much as any country. However, throughout my cultural studies I find myself more keen on Japan than any other place on Earth. Now that I am done with school, I am planning a trip to Japan within a year. I'd like to have someone go with me but even if I don't have a friend I will be making plenty in the place of my dreams. I know this particular post has really nothing to do with my research, but I will put together an in depth piece on this country soon. For now, I'd like to share a beautiful video titled "Japan - Heartbeats of Time" by Trey Ratcliff. Please enjoy.

Japan - Heartbeats of Time from Trey Ratcliff on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment