Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The World's Best Music (from my perspective)

Music of the World:
Have you ever fought with your friends and family with their different tastes in music? This band is the best or this singer is better? Perhaps or perhaps not. A lot of people usually stick with one genre of music that is usually only born in their language or country. However, I enjoy music from all over the world. Few people every venture off into new languages as far as music but they are so missing out! Each culture has a unique touch in their music and it is a pleasure to experience it first hand. Here are a few samples of the best music on earth.


Rap,Hip-hop/Jazz/Blues:
Born and raised in roots of African American culture, these genres are by far a whole league of their own in style, rhythm and sound. I personally have a selection of favorites from this type of music.
Rap is a harsh, poetic revolution that allowed the Black people of America to have a voice of their own while suffering huge amounts of discrimination. It tells tales of suffering, survival and battling demons through the tough lives of many people in America. This genre has has not only supported those of African roots but everyone of any color embraced this genre. Eminem is a perfect example.



Although a lot of rap is about battles, partying and sex. I do find beautiful songs about raising awareness and sharing the love. This one is by the Black-eyed Peas.



Jazz and Blues are one of my favorite types of music to relax to. The melodies of a good saxophone puts me in a state of calm and soothes any troubles that the day brought.



Rock
This genre is one of my favorites. It's empowering and it gives me motivation to get through the day. But the best rock in the world isn't only from America. It's from Europe!

Britian: The Rolling Stones

This classic band is famous all over the world and I am proud to have them in my collection of tunes!

Britian: Dragonforce

Simply amazing guitar solos from Dragonforce. In fact, this is one of their shorter songs! They have amazing shreds of awesomeness that lasts beyond 10 minutes of music!

Germany: Rammstein

Deep, hard metal rock from Germany is absolutely exhilarating.

Techno
Ironically, a few decades ago techno was deemed as the nerd music, but today it is one of the most popular genres in the world. Take Lady Gaga for an example... She is probably America's Tehcno Queen as Michael Jackson was the King of Pop. But I don't think I can hand the best techno to Gaga... it just doesn't seem right.

Moldova/Romania: O-Zone


Sweden: Smile D.K.


Japan: Yuki Kimura


Vocaloid
Alright! Here is a genre that took me some time to getting into. This music is from my favorite country, Japan. The awesomeness of this kind of music is almost too crazy to bare! Vocaloid is a type of music that uses completely electronically generated singing voices. It's hard to imagine on how this is possible with the complexity of the human voice. But the Japanese language has about just 48 distinct sounds. You combined these to make words. For an example, the word for thank you, "arigato", uses four sounds "a", "ri", "ga", and "to". With the simplicity of all these sounds, they can easily be put together in an order for the words and played along with a melody in notes. So throw in a character to be this voice, Miku Hastune, and enjoy the results.

Miku Hastune, "World is Mine"


Even a male character.
Kaito, "When I Get Home My Wife Pretends to Be Dead"


I hope you enjoyed a few of my favorite songs from around the world. There are a whole lot more I wish to share but discovering great music on your own is a rewarding and fun experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment